Teaching English Work Placements in Europe
For those with previous English teaching experience and wish to enhance their skills Capacity London has 6 funded places available on its English Language teaching course with 3-month work placement in Seville. Applications are now open for an April 2017 start.
Seville is a major centre for language learning in Spain (rather like Brighton in the UK) with many English language schools creating high demand for native English speakers to work as teachers.
In order to support you during your work placement Capacity London will provide you with the following:
- €100 per week subsistence allowance
- Shared accommodation (own bedroom, shared living spaces such as kitchen, bathroom)
- Spanish Language tuition (Spanish not required for the roles, this is just to help you enjoy the experience more!)
- Flights to and from Seville (including airport transfers in your host city)
- Travel medical insurance for the duration of your stay
- Ongoing support and local pastoral care for the duration of your stay
- Tuition of the training associated with the placement is also provided.. This is all paid for by the project.
Funding is provided by the Erasmus+ programme. In order to be eligible applicants must be currently residing within the United Kingdom and must have the right to live and work in the UK and Spain. Full-time students are not eligible for this funding.
Placements are for fixed periods of 92 days (13 weeks) and it is a requirement that you spend the full period in the host country (Spain). The departure date will be Saturday 22nd April 2017.
There will be a few days of preparatory training in London immediately before departure for the host destinations. Attendance at the training is a requirement of the programme and participation is compulsory. This training will take place Tuesday 18th - Friday 21st April 2017.
Candidates should have:
• Previous English teaching qualifications (e.g. TEFL)
• A good command of English in all four language skills (i.e. Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing) equivalent to B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
• A good understanding of Literacy, numeracy and ICT at a minimum GCSE A-C (Level 2) equivalent
Your placement will be with an English language academy in Seville where you will have the opportunity to do some or all of the following:
- Shadow and observe experienced language teachers
- Gain experience of being professionally observed
- Teach small classes of children and adults
- Prepare materials, schemes of work and lesson plans
- Test and assess levels of English according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Support conversation groups in English clubs and coffee afternoons
A range of positions are available in Seville. To view job descriptions of each role click on the company name. Alternatively, you may download all job descriptions.
How to Apply
Before applying please ensure you have read the following key requirements:
- To be eligible applicants must be currently residing within the United Kingdom, have a UK postal address and bank account, and must have the right to live and work in the UK and the destination country. Students are not eligible thus we regret we are unable to accept applications from individuals looking for ‘year in industry’ placements.
- Placements are for fixed periods of 90 days (13 weeks) and it is a requirement that you spend the full period in your destination country. The start date (flight out to Host Country) will be on or around Saturday 22nd April 2017. End date (return flight to UK) 92 days from the date of departure
- There will be four days of preparatory training (Tuesday 18th - Friday 21st April inclusive) in London immediately before departure. Attendance at the preparatory training is compulsory. Unfortunately we are not able to fund the cost of travelling to London or accommodation costs for the preparatory training in London, although we do provide your travel to the airport from London on the day of departure.
- Applications are only being accepted for April 2017.
Please submit an up to date CV along with a completed application form to chrismason (at) capacitylondon.co.uk. Please note that positions are filled on a rolling basis thus you are advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Please name your CV and application form clearly with your full name, followed by CV/Application Form and avoid using generic file names such as ‘My CV’, ‘CV English version’, ‘application form’, etc. This will make it much easier for us to deal with and respond to your application. Also take care to fill out the application form with details relevant to the particular placements you are interested in.
- Submit your application as per the instructions above
- Each applicant will receive a notification by email within 72 hours confirming that their application has been received.
- If called to interview you will be notified by email. If you've not heard from us within two weeks of your application it will mean that your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful. Unfortunately we're unable to provide feedback to applicants who have not been called to interview.
- If called to interview you will have two interviews, one with Capacity London by telephone or Skype and the second via Skype with someone at our partner organisations based in the destination country. The language for both interviews will be English. For some placements you will have a third interview directly with the host employer, for others not.
- After having had both interviews the candidate will be notified by email if they've been successful or not. This process can take up to 3 weeks from the date of the second interview.